This race weekend happens the last weekend in February and is a women’s empowerment themed running party. Both men and women run the race but expect about a 80/20 split of the genders and a lot of women’s health focused events. It’s a really fun weekend and consists of sunrise yoga, a 5k, a 10k, and a Half Marathon. Also, you can run the the Fairytale Challenge by running the 10k and Half Marathon to earn a bonus medal!
2024 Race Weekend Information
- Race Weekend Dates: Feb 22-26, 2024
- Registration Dates: Club runDisney – June 13, 2023 | Regular Registration – June 20, 2023 10am ET
- Where: Epcot, Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Expo: Feb 22-24, hours TBD and will vary by day. Best guess: Thurs 10-8, Fri 12-7, Sat 11-3
- 5k: Feb 23, 2024 | $107.99 – SOLD OUT | Epcot | Time: 5am
- 10k: Feb 24, 2024 | $150.99 – SOLD OUT | Epcot | Time: 5am
- Half Marathon: Feb 25, 2024 | $232.00 – SOLD OUT | Epcot | Time: 5am
- Fairytale Challenge: Feb 24 & 25, 2024 | $389.00 – SOLD OUT | Epcot
- Yoga: Feb 26, 2024 | $107.99 – SOLD OUT | Magic Kingdom | Time: 5:30am
- Race Weekend Webpage: https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disney-princess-half-marathon-weekend/
- runDisney Blog: Discover Your Inner Hero During the 2024 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend!
Race Weekend Description
The Princess 5k (3.1 miles), was called the Royal Family 5k, occurs on the Friday morning of the race weekend and is an untimed, family race. The race starts at 5am in the Epcot parking lot where you will run through the backstage area of Epcot, then around World Showcase Lagoon, through Future World, and then ends in the Epcot parking lot. There are usually 4-6 characters along the course and at the finish you will get a medal, a water, a Powerade, a snack box, and a banana.
The Princess 10k (6.2 miles) is run on the Saturday morning of the race weekend and is a timed race usually around Epcot and the Epcot resort area. The race starts and ends in the Epcot parking lot and runs on the roads outside Epcot before either running in Epcot or through Hollywood Studios, runners then goes through the Crescent Lake area, World Showcase, and through Future World. There are usually 6-8 characters on the course and at the finish you will get a medal, a water, a Powerade, a snack box, and a banana.
Princess Half Marathon
The Princess Half Marathon (13.1 miles/21.1 km) is run on Sunday morning at 5am. The start line is on a road outside Epcot and then runs to Magic Kingdom, and then back to and through Epcot, and then ends in the Epcot parking lot. There are usually 10-15 characters on the course and at the finish you will get a medal, a water, a Powerade, a challenge medal (if applicable), a snack box, and a banana.
Princess Half Marathon Weekend Maps
Past Race Weekend Info and History
Inaugural Race Weekend: Mar 6-8, 2009
The Princess Half Marathon Weekend has always been a celebration of women and women’s health. The first weekend kicked off with Disney’s Fit for a Princess Expo at the Wide World of Sports and hosted a Royal Family 5k, Half Marathon, and kids races (https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/disneys-princess-half-marathon-weekend/news/06mar2009-inaugural-disney’s-princess-half-marathon-this-weekend.htm).
In 2011, the race moved to the last weekend of February. Then in 2014 the weekend introduced the Enchanted 10k and the Glass Slipper Challenge, renamed to the Fairytale Challenge in 2017, where runners complete the 10k and Half Marathon to earn the challenge medal.
- Celebrate 15 Magical Years with a Sneak Peek at runDisney 2023 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Merchandise!
More From Princess Half Weekend
Let's take a look at the runDisney Fairy Tale Challenge Finisher data together!
It’s Princess Half Weekend half marathon time, princesses! It’s time to make the journey…
It’s Princess Half Weekend 10k time! The 10k is such a great distance, long enough to make all…
I can’t believe we are already two weeks out from the runDisney Princess Half Marathon Weekend…
Let’s take a look at the 2022 Princess Half Marathon course!