Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend races are back! For January 2024, the weekend includes yoga, a 5k, a 10k, and a Half Marathon. You can also run the Dumbo Double Dare, which consists of the 10k and Half Marathon to earn a bonus challenge medal!
This is the first race to happen at Disneyland since 2017 and they brought it back into the Dr. MLK Jr. Weekend (a US Federal Holiday) January slot. In the past this weekend was the Tinker Bell Race Weekend and then the Star Wars Race Weekend (later specified to Light Side).
Based on the race descriptions it looks like Pluto and Goofy are the characters for the 5k, Donald and Daisy will be the 10k, and Mickey and Minnie will be the Half Marathon.
2024 Race Weekend Information
- Dates: Jan 11-14, 2024
- Where: Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, CA
- Expo: Jan 11-13, hours TBD and will vary by day. Best guess: Thurs 10-7, Fri 12-7, Sat 12-5
- Yoga: Thurs, Jan 11, 2024 | $108.99 – SOLD OUT | Disneyland Park | Time: TBD (likely 5am start)
- 5k: Fri, Jan 12, 2024 | $108.99 – SOLD OUT | Disneyland Resort | Time: TBD (likely 5-6am start)
- 10k: Sat, Jan 13, 2024 | $148.99 – SOLD OUT | Disneyland Resort | Time: TBD (likely 5-6am start)
- Half Marathon: Sun, Jan 14, 2024 | $234.99 – SOLD OUT | Disneyland Resort | Time: TBD (likely 5-6am start)
- Dumbo Double Dare Challenge: Jan 13 & 14th, 2024 | $389.00 – SOLD OUT | Disneyland Resort
- Kid’s Races: Jan 13, 2024 | $35 – SOLD OUT | Disneyland Resort | Time: TBD/run throughout the day
- RunDisney Race Weekend Page: https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyland/disneyland-half-marathon-weekend/
- runDisney Blog Announcement: Magical Miles & MORE Return to Disneyland Resort During the 2024 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend!
RACE WEEKEND DESCRIPTION
The Disneyland 5k (3.1 miles) occurs on the Friday morning of the race weekend and is an untimed, family race. The race Based on past races, it starts outside the Disneyland Hotel, runs south to enter Disney California Adventure then runs to Disneyland and ends outside the Disneyland Hotel. There are usually 4-6 characters along the course and at the finish you will get a medal, a water, a Powerade, a snack box, and a banana.
The Disneyland 10k (6.2 miles) is run on the Saturday morning of the race weekend and is a timed race usually around around the Disneyland Resort. Based on the past races, it will start outside the Disneyland Hotel, then run on the outer roads around Disneyland before entering the parks and running through both Disneyland the Disney California Adventure and ending outside the Disneyland Hotel. There are usually 6-8 characters on the course and at the finish you will get a medal, a water, a Powerade, a snack box, and a banana.
Disneyland HALF MARATHON
The Disneyland Half Marathon (13.1 miles/21.1 km) is run on Sunday morning of the race weekend. Based on past races, the start is outside the Disneyland Hotel and then runs in and around Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Then runners will hit the roads and run either to Angel Stadium or through downtown Anaheim. It will then end outside the Disneyland Hotel. There are usually 10-15 characters on the course and at the finish you will get a medal, a water, a Powerade, a challenge medal (if applicable), a snack box, and a banana.
Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Maps (2024 Maps Coming Soon)
Past Race Weekend Info and History
Year of First Race Weekend: September 15-17, 2006 | 5k: 9/16/06 ($25) | Half: 9/17/06 ($85) | Kid’s: 9/16/06 ($5)
Read about the inaugural race here: https://allears.net/disneyland/dlr-planning/disneyland-half-marathon-september-17-2006/ and https://www.themouseforless.com/blog_world/the-inaugural-disneyland-half-marathon-and-5k-family-fun-run/
While the inaugural race weekend ran in mid-September, it was moved to Labor Day weekend in 2007 and remained that weekend until 2017 when Disneyland stopped hosting races. RunDisney then announced the race’s return at the 2022 D23 Expo and was later revealed that it would take the Dr. MLK Jr. Weekend slot that was originally set aside for Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend and then Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend.
The race weekend always included a 5k, Half Marathon, and Kids Races. In 2013, runDisney introduced the 10k and the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge, this was the first race weekend to offer a 10k!
More From Disneyland Half Weekend
The Disneyland Half Marathon is one of my favorite races and even though I'm not running it this yea…
I was invited to the Cigna Blogger Meet Up at Napa Rose, come read about the event!
My review of the 2015 10th Anniversary Disneyland Half Marathon and my 3rd Dumbo Double Dare finish!
I ran the 2015 Disneyland 10k and had a blast! Leg one of the Dumbo Double Dare finished!