What are you thankful for?Read More
So today's is my birthday (yay!) and what a year it has been. Here is a list of things that I learned/pondered/came to appreciate over the past 12 months of my existence:
- Being kind to mean people is hard, but worth it in the end
- I really came to appreciate my morning runs
- Talk to your loved ones often more often
- Don't be afraid to go out on a limb and send a "cold" email for your dream job
- If something doesn't feel right, change your attitude or quit it, it's not worth the time
- Quitting isn't failure, it just means you need to think about yourself first sometimes
- Cider is the best adult beverage
- A good red wine is a great thing, but box wine is still acceptable
- Be willing to do things that scare you, have faith sometimes
- I'm ready for seasons again, even winter
- Life will throw you curves and bends in the road, sometimes you try to correct it, sometimes you just lean into it and see where it takes you
- My cat is the best cat
- My brother is the best brother and I know he'll be there for me
- I appreciate my dad so much, he has so much inner strength
- Keep moving forward and look for things that will make you happy
- Learning new things is fun
- I really like making crafts/working with my hands
- Running makes my life better
- Not every day feels sunny, but persevere and you'll find the sunshine again
- Working a lot doesn't equal success
- I may be developing a vinylmation problem
- I'm ready for a new adventure
- Garlic is a delicious, delicious thing
- I can't say no to a cookie
- Safeway (our local grocery store chain) makes a delicious chocolate cake
- Wookie has been the best thing to happen to me this year <3
My 26th year has been... surprising. A year ago I would've never predicted the amount of life that played out this year. Some good, some bad, but I learned so much and I've grown by leaps and bounds. Now on to next year!
So this week:
- Summer Movies - I went and saw Maleficent last weekend and it's a great summer movie, meaning it was just deep enough to be enjoyable but light enough that you reflected on how it was a nice diversion from life for awhile.
- Happy Kitty - I'm blessed to have a cat that kind of acts like a dog, he's just the best and when he's happy, I'm happy.
- Stir Peanut Butter - I like knowing it doesn't have as many "bad" ingredients but still has all the deliciousness! Peanut butter is def in my top 3 favorite foods, maybe even top 2!
- Getting Stuff Done - This week I recalibrated and got a ton done at work and in life. Nothing like feeling productive!
- Riding On My Bike w/ Tom Ameen Music - Since I've started to be a bike commuter, this means if I need to leave work to mail something or grab a coffee, I bike the mile to the downtown area. While biking, I love listening to the Tom Ameen - Piano and Pixie Dust Album for some lovely, relaxing Disney music while I wind through the tree covered neighborhoods, it's a nice 15 min break.