How are you showing your run love this Valentine's Day?Read More
- @RunnersandCats - Seriously, this Twitter account was created for me! Check it out!
- FroYo - Don't underestimate the power of delicious milk and sugar frozen into delicious flavors
- runDisney registration day - It's like a game, how fast can I register and then it's a waiting game as you watch the registered percentages fill. A little adrenalin rush at 9am PDT!
- Google Hangout Emoticons - They look like gumdrops and kind of derpy, I love using them and chuckling at their odd shape and the thought that someone designed them all.
- This picture from @BearsActHuman
So this week:
- Summer Movies - I went and saw Maleficent last weekend and it's a great summer movie, meaning it was just deep enough to be enjoyable but light enough that you reflected on how it was a nice diversion from life for awhile.
- Happy Kitty - I'm blessed to have a cat that kind of acts like a dog, he's just the best and when he's happy, I'm happy.
- Stir Peanut Butter - I like knowing it doesn't have as many "bad" ingredients but still has all the deliciousness! Peanut butter is def in my top 3 favorite foods, maybe even top 2!
- Getting Stuff Done - This week I recalibrated and got a ton done at work and in life. Nothing like feeling productive!
- Riding On My Bike w/ Tom Ameen Music - Since I've started to be a bike commuter, this means if I need to leave work to mail something or grab a coffee, I bike the mile to the downtown area. While biking, I love listening to the Tom Ameen - Piano and Pixie Dust Album for some lovely, relaxing Disney music while I wind through the tree covered neighborhoods, it's a nice 15 min break.
So this week has been pretty long. The 24 hour Disneyland left me exhausted and then launched into a long yet awesome week at work. After all of it I was feeling pretty deflated so as I sit here on Friday relaxing, it seems like a good time to reflect and me thankful for all the awesome parts of my life.
- Living, working, eating - I somehow am able to balance everything I need financially to make ends meet and then some. I am thankful that I'm able to support myself at 25 with a great job that I love!
- My cat loves belly rubs - It sounds weird, but my cat loves belly rubs and I love giving him belly rubs. The simple things.
- An Able Body - When I get bored or "down" about my running, I always try to disconnect from my tech and goals for a run, and just appreciate that my body is AMAZING. I can run and jump and live my life how I want to without physical limitation.
- Friends - I have some awesome friends. I tend to be pretty busy with work and my general homebody nature, but I love when I get to hang out with them!
- My Experiences - I've had some amazing experiences in my life. I've achieved things I've dreamed about (including signing a vertical support column that is now in a WDW attraction!) and I know my life has so much more ahead of it!
- Family - While I don't see them often, they are always there when I need some support and I love them for that. They help me keep a level head and give me outside opinions when I need some perspective.
- Podcasts - I love them because as a person who isn't a big reader, I can still learn and grow wherever I go. I love listening to Things You Should Know and Science Friday when running. I feel like I'm killing 2 birds with one stone, expanding both my physical and mental self!
- Ice Cream - This is by far my favorite food and I'm so happy it exists!
- Coffee - Again, same as ice cream, I love it's existence. There is something so comforting about a hot cup of joe to kill those afternoon sleepy feelings.
- Life - Even though I get stressed out and tested, I'm happy to be alive and living in this exciting and interesting part of human history. Today is a very unique time where I can connect with anyone from anywhere while being ANYWHERE. It really is incredible!
What are you happy for?