Sleeves are cool - the keep you cool and protected.Read More
Don't let excuses get you down. Learn about the three main types of excuses and how to beat them to become a more awesome runner! LOTS OF AWESOME GEAR! (This post is a part of a series of 2XU sponsored BibRavePro blog posts)Read More
It's been awhile since I've written a list of favorites and as always I've been learning to use new products. Here are my new favorite things in 2015!
1. iPod Nano Clip - This thing has been a life saver. I no longer run with my iPod Nano in my hand or in an arm band, this case keeps it secure and out of the way! This is the one I got:
- I am a convert to the thick runner headband thing and thank you RawThreads for once again being awesome!
- These things are no joke. I put them on my hiking boots and my running shoes and they stay put. I don't have to walk like a grandma over packed snow/ice. I've just been using the basic walk version and I'm excited to try others. AMAZING!
4. Boulder Running Company/Group Runs - I use to shy away from these not liking and "organized" running time but it has been a great way to meet new people and learn about running in a new town!
5. Wool - I have been converted to wool. I use to think it was just itchy and uncomfortable to wear but it's so warm and does the trick on cold days. Need to invest in more wool socks for both running and every day!
Rocking my handmade wool hat!
These are my new favorite things since 2015 started, what have you discovered in the new year?
So there are 3 things I really love about running and they are:
- Channeling my competitve side into something constructive
- Fun clothes/running gear
I love that I can justify shoes and fun tops because well, I need it to run, right?
One of my favorite brands is RawThreads (www.rawthreads.com)! They are seriously awesome.
One of my biggest problems as a runner is that running tops chaffe... bad. At the top of my boobs where the top of the tank top/bra hit, at the bottom of my boobs if the band rides up, side seams, armpit areas... basically anywhere there is a seam, I have issues. Not fun. This issue is greatly mitigated by wearing RawThreads.
Their stuff is lightweight, wicks sweat well, is super, super soft, and they have a ton of cute designs.
My love affair started with RawThreads as I was gearing up to run my first Disneyland race last year and was earning my first coast to coast medal, so naturally I needed to run that half marathon in this bad boy:
I fell in love. It didn't chaffe, it was super light weight, and so soft. I knew something was starting right then.
Since then I've run in many races wearing their stuff.
I also have 2 sweatshirts, 2 pairs of socks, 2 solid tanks (still to be worn at a race), and 2 pairs of shorts. It's super fun to throw on my Disney inspired gear for a normal training run, it just makes it feel... more magical.
It's been a slow accumulation but each item has been more awesome than the last and I still have my eye on a few more things.
I really want to wear this tank at the Star Wars Half Marathon...
If your skin/sweat combo doesn't do well with thick materials and heavy seams, I HIGHLY recommend trying them out. Their stuff isn't just cute, it's also completely practical AND reasonably priced.
BONUS: From now until Christmas they are running sales on different items so keep an eye out for discounts on awesome stuff!
Hope this tip serves you well and you fall in love with RawThreads like I did!
PS This was an unpaid/unsolicited post
PSS RawThreads, if you are ever looking for an ambassador... you know where to find me!