I’m one month into my cross training/Orange Theory Fitness and want to share what I’ve learned!Read More
Here are the things I like to do now.
1. Eat Clean-er - In the triangle of fitness (exercise, sleep, and diet) my weakest point is diet. Recently, I've been finishing up a book called "Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us" and it's been illuminating. More cooking and less snacking out of a bag when possible for this girl! I'm not perfect but even a small change will help :P
2. Stretch More - I've been dealing with a hip flexor issue and so I need to stretch more so help it and also avoid further issues.
3. Hip Strengthening - Same as the reasoning for stretching, strengthening the other muscles in my hips will help me heal faster/better
4. Dedication to Dopey Training - This is a big one since I'm going to have to dial back my speed a bit to help my hip heal. I need to train smart not fast for Dopey. My focus is on getting the miles in and not on speed. The "dress rehearsal" weekend is the most important in building not only my physical preparation but also my confidence that I can make it through the weekend of races.
These are my goals for December, what are you hoping to achieve before the year ends?
|Happy Fall! Love Pusheen!|
- RUNDISNEY ANNOUNCES THE "GOOFY GIVEBACK" - in case you missed it
- It's All in the Hips - Interesting article regarding foot strike and gate
- 10 Essential Strength Exercises for Runners - Some nice core exercises here!
- Plantar Fasciitis Relief - Because overuse causes this to flair up for me
- Weekend's Races Give Hints for Fall Marathons - Elites running this weekend, it's basically the running equivalent of fashion week apparently
- 20 Beginner-Friendly Trail Ultras - Because I'm always on the fence about going ultra
- BELIEVE TRAINING JOURNAL + EXCLUSIVE 6 BAR PACK - Lauren Fleshman's running book/journal and yummy snacks all for $29.99!
- 15 Killer Pancake Recipes That Will Make You Drool - Yum and also self-explanatory for why it made the list
- How to Turn a Glove into a Chipmunk - Cute/cheap/simple craft, looks fun to me!
- 35 Photos Of Momonga Dwarf Flying Squirrels - Because these are the most adorable animals ever!