When it comes to WDW Marathon Weekend, 6 months is both a long time and a really short time and I’m already really looking forward to running in my favorite place again!Read More
Welcome back all!
If you need to catch up you can read Part 5 here!
Today was a pretty chill day. After a late night at Epcot we took the morning slow and headed over to Disney Hollywood Studios (DHS) for some thrills and chills. We rode a few rides including a spin on the Great Movie Ride and a stroll through the animation gallery. Unfortunately we didn't end up riding Toy Story Midway Mania this trip :(
- I'm thrilled the Great Movie Ride is getting some TLC from TCM! This ride is a bit dated but it's still great and a great anchor to the original theme of the park.
- The art in the animation gallery is so nice. I love seeing all the art and we got a peak at the Big Hero 6 art. Love!
- The Wandering Oaken area is really cute. Love the specialty drinks and the snow. Very cute!
We then headed out in the late afternoon and then went back over to Animal Kingdom for a couple spins on Everest and a ride on Kilimanjaro. This park is really beautiful.
We then headed over to Downtown Disney so Wookie could catch the Giants game (World Series!) and we could just chill out. We took the bus to Coronado and then hopped a bus to Downtown Disney from there.
We then wandered around some stores (DStreet is a dangerous place to shop), grabbed some chocolate samples from Ghirardelli, and then headed to Splitsville to eat some food and watch the game. Downtown Disney is a mess but Splitsville is super cute. I really enjoyed chilling there.
It started getting late so we compromised and headed back to the room to watch the very end of it. Super chill day to make sure we were ready to the Magic Kingdom the next day!!!!
Here we go with Part 5 of our epic trip to WDW/Universal from October!
You can catch up on Part 4 here:
So Thursday was jam packed with fun and we were out late so I had planned for a lazy morning followed by Animal Kingdom and then heading over to Epcot for a little more fun and then the Epcot After Hours at the Rose and Crown!
We caught the bus and headed to Disney's Animal Kingdom around 10am, first stop Dinosaur! Here are our thoughts from our day at DAK:
- Dinosaur: When did they move the Carnotaurus to the other side? This attraction really needs some TLC in general. Still fun but could really be so much more.
- Everest: Wookie still talks about this attraction. Such a great ride!
- Festival of the Lion King: I love this show. So spectacular and the new theater and area is really beautiful.
- We went on some of the trails and the animals had already started going in for the evening which was a bit of a bummer. We also missed the safari because they closed earlier than I expected.
As always you can see all the pictures from our trip here: Universal/WDW Trip October 2014