Disclaimer: I received a pair of AfterShokz Trekz Air to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Hope you've eaten your turkey and you are ready to tackle some goals or start thinking about those 2018 goals!
It's that time of year when we start reflecting and considering all the things we've done in 2017 and what we'd like to do in 2018 and I have something that will make those running or other goals even easier - new headphones!
A while back I got to test the Trekz Titanium and they were awesome, but they made some excellent improvements to really take the Trekz Air to the next level.
The main feature of all the AfterShokz products is the bone conduction sound. Basically, this means that the majority of the sound you hear is being transferred to your eardrum via the bones right around your ear. This means that you can still hear even though nothing is inside your ear.
Their tag is #BeOpen because even though you are jamming out to tunes or listening to a podcast, you can still hear the ambient noise around you. With mornings getting darker, I like that I can listen to what I want but not be cut off from the world around me.
Basically ,this style of headphones allows you to have your cake and eat it too.
Some other features to note:
- A 20% lighter build than its counterpart (this make a REAL difference)
- A new organic design delivers increased comfort
- OpenFit™ design ensures maximum situational awareness and comfort during long-term wear
- Bluetooth® v4.2 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing
- IP55 certified to repel sweat, dust and moisture, from workouts to wicked weather
- Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge
- Dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech
Additionally, there is a 2-year warranty so if you have any problems with it you can get them replaced!
Since getting these, I haven't gone a run without them.
If you are a runner these would be a great addition to your gift list either for a running friend or for yourself. Aftershokz is currently running a promotion on the Trekz Titanium model which I still highly recommend.