I'm itching to get on some trails so I thought I'd share my favorite tips for hitting the trails for the first time.
- Find a Trail - Do some research and find a trail near you. Strava and other online resources come in really handy!
- Get Ready for Hills - The best part of trail running is getting in some major elevation gain. Hill running is a great way to build strength but be prepared. Learn to take smaller steps and keep breathing!
- Make Sure Your Feet Are Ready - Is the trail you are planning to run rocky? Is there going to be snow or ice? Make sure your feet are protected and ready to take it on!
- Let Someone Know Where You Are Going - Let someone know where you are going and when to expect you back. You might be moving a little slower so give them a generous estimate.
- Enjoy the Adventure - The best part of trail running? The adventure! It's a beautiful day when you get out into nature and see the world.