So it's July. I repeat... it's JULY! That means we are already half way through 2016 and all those things we all thought we'd be crushing by this time.
Some things have been crushed, other things... not so much and I love doing a mid year check-in and reset! Life is crazy and in 6 months things can be completely different so why not reset some goals, set some new ones, and realize that some of those goals... yeah they just aren't that important anymore.
So let's recap my year so far:
- Kicked off the year with another Dopey Challenge and had a blast
- Started working with a coach which meant I needed to reset how I was approaching my running.
- As of 6/30 I've run 772.25 miles, with 1 5k, 2 10ks, 2 Half Marathons, and 2 Marathons in there. With a shiny new marathon PR to show for all my running!
- I've also learned to love tempo runs!
But what's next?
Here are my latest and greatest goals for the second half of 2016!
- 28 by the time I'm 28! I turn 28 in late November and in April I ran my 22nd Half marathon which of course made me start thinking... could I run 28 half marathons by the time I turn 28? Heck yeah I can! Currently I have 4 half marathons on the schedule. 2 this month and then 2 in September, I'm hoping to add a fall trail half and then another half closer to my birthday in November to finish it off!
- Training for and crushing another marathon! - Currently looking at running the Souix Falls Marathon in September and wanting to crush it to BQ by a larger margin. I have it in me, I just need to stay focused on my training and not psyche myself out.
- Get biking and swimming! If all goes according to plan, I'll run another marathon in September and then be cruising until Dopey in January with the afformentioned half marathons. I have been "tri-curious" for a very long time and enough is enough. I will get a road bike my the end of the year and figure out how to make these dreams come true. Next summer I want to do my first triathlon.
- Continue to learn and grow! This one is vague and that's because I'm learning so much everyday. I want to be dedicated to my training and I want to learn more about my body and how I can push it. Working with a coach and forcing myself to journal and communicate with him has illuminated me to so many recurring themes in my training that need correcting.
- Keep the magic alive! I love to run, but some days I lose sight of that. I get tired or I'm just not up for another speed workout. Those days are not magical. But I need to enjoy and celebrate when running feels great and I lose myself in it. Remember to remember why you love to do this crazy running thing.
These will be my markers and my goals for the second half of the year, but I also know life happens and that goals change. It's important to be flexible without sacrificing yourself in the process.