The Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend is so close! Only 26 days until the weekend of events kicks-off and I can't wait to not only celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Disneyland Half Marathon but also 60 years of Disneyland!
They've even already posted waivers, corrals (Half and Dumbo Double Dare) and theofficial event guide! If this is your first time running the Disneyland Half, you are in for a treat, this is up there as one of my favorite runDisney race weekends!
There are so many new shows and experiences, I decided to make a list of things that are on my list of things to do at Disneyland while I'm there racing!
MY TOP 10 MUST SEES
- Seeing the Lighting of Carsland - At dusk each night there is a magical moment in Carsland when they turn on all the neon and lights and I've NEVER seen it before. I've heard amazing things and I'm going to make a B-Line to see it this time!
- World of Color Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney - I'm excited to see the new show. The original show was never something I raved about so I'm excited to see what they've got in this new version!
- Collecting the 60th Anniversary Pressed Pennies - This is one of my casual Disney hobbies, but they have a new book and a new set of penny machines JUST for the 60th so I'm excited to polish some pennies and collect them all!
- Riding the Recently Refurbished Peter Pan - I love this ride and I'm excited to check out the new enhancements they've added!
- Riding the the Recently Refurbished Matterhorn - They brought the yeti to life - enough said.
- Eating my way through some dazzling treats! - There are so many tasty treats so I'm excited to grab and awesome popcorn bucket and try out some of those dazzling cake pops!
- Those Medals! - Let's not forget I'm there to run and pick up some awesome runDisney bling and they did not disappoint this year! I love the medals for this year's race weekend! The 10k medal is beautiful, the Half is so unique and the Dumbo medal is classic at this point. The kids and 5k medals are some of the best I've seen (other than the Tower of Terror weekend medallions).
- Enjoying Some Favorites - Trader Sam's, Carthay Circle, and well everything else there!